The Ultimate G.A.A. Odyssey

My photo
Brussels, Belgium
A journey of triumph and despair across the roads, railways and skies of Europe, sharing in the relentless mission to develop, sustain and grow a G.A.A. club in the backwaters of the Association.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

JOE - St. Gallen Bears Breaking Through

http://www.joe.ie/gaa/gaa-features/st-gallen-bears-breaking-through-0010908-1

This weeks feature is about one of the continent's newest G.A.A. clubs, St. Gallen Bears. I learned about it from club member Brian Clerkin when I met him at the European G.A.A. convention in Stockholm last December.

It turned out he was a good friend of Lorcan, one of the Irish lads here. Brian came to Brussels in February for a visit and I chatted with himself and fellow 'Bear' Mick Daly the following week on skype.

Despite re-reading the text numerous times before sending to the lads at JOE, it is clear my grammar requires a bit more work! Anyway, as I said last week, if you are from another club and are reading this then get in touch with a story (especially if you have a hurling one).

No comments: